What is ISAAC?
ISAAC (Internet System for Assessing Autistic
Children) is a web-based application for administering and managing
health research projects/studies and the associated data. ISAAC's
easy to use layout allows study personnel a fast, easy and secure
method for entering and validating (double data enter) study information
and exporting to your favorite database application or
ISAAC uses a proprietary form management system, called DEFE (Database
of Electronic Form Elements), which simplifies the process of
developing data entry, data validation, and data edit forms/templates.
Adding new templates and modifying existing templates is a data
entry process. No programming is required. ISAAC controls
version management, so during the course of a study, when paper
collection forms change, it is simple to keep data entry screens
What benefits does ISAAC provide to researchers?
- Web-based - Project data, data entry screens, and all
other ISAAC features and functionality available 24x7, any where
in the world.
- Secure - ISAAC access requires a username and password
and all communication between you and the ISAAC servers uses 128-bit
SSL encryption, the highest available.
- Catalogue of Forms and Questions - ISAAC has a growing
list of standard (ADIR, ADOS, CARS, etc) and study specific forms/templates
and questions. Your project can use forms/templates as they exist,
create your own from our database of questions, or work with the
ISAAC team to add new questions and forms.
- Data Sharing - When you need to allow colleagues, funding
organizations, review boards, or others access to your data, ISAAC
provides a simple mechanism. The Guest Researcher user type has
extremely limited access, but allows you to share your data without
emailing messy spreadsheets and data dictionaries.
- Manage Users - Control who has access to specific functions
and data within your project.
- Manage Patients - Add and modify patient information.
- View Incomplete Data Lists - See which data records have
not been completely entered or validated. Resume entry of incomplete
records with a single click.
- Get Real-Time Study Status - From a single page, view
all available data for your project, including record counts for
each of your forms.
- Anytime Data Download - Download data quickly and easily.
Standard format allows import or link to any other data application
or analysis tool.
- Create a Summary File - A user defined file that can
merge fields from multiple forms into a single file. Principal
Investigators can create and modify the Summary file only. Changes
are available real-time.
- Many others
Why would a researcher want to use ISAAC?
Copyright © 2010 ISAAC,
all rights reserved.
Sample Screen Shots
is funded by